MIFARE RFID Cards Families
MIFARE cards and card readers were originally developed to handle payment transactions for public transportation systems in Europe. It’s also an RFID card due to its frequency of 13.56 kHz.
MIFARE RFID cards can provide identification, authentication, and store information on the cardboard due to the microchip and memory which is embedded within the MIFARE card. These cards are very durable and designed to stay your sensitive information safe. Encryption keys prevent data from being emitted until the MIFARE card and card reader mutually authenticate one another.
According to the chip model, there are several types of Mifare cards
- MIFARE Classic RFID Card: Fully compliant with ISO/IEC 14443 Type-A; available with 1 kB and 4 kB memory and 7 bytes or 4-byte identifiers
- MIFARE Ultralight RFID Card: ICs for single-use tickets, replacing magstripe, barcode, and QR-code infrastructures
- MIFARE DESFire RFID Card: Multi-application ICs for scalable and reliable Smart City solutions
- MIFARE Plus RFID Card: Ease the migration from MIFARE Classic installations to higher security levels
Application of MIFARE Cards
- Public transit
- Access management
- Employee card and campus Card